SPAN Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2020

2 Secrets That Will Lead You To Success

Anonymous 9/03/2020

 



When I was a young Marine officer, my first job assignment was to lead an infantry platoon. There was going to be forty-something junior Marines (most of them had combat experience) looking to me to guide, train, and support them.

Before taking over, I was worried about being one of the youngest people in the platoon. I had the least amount of actual, real-world experience. On top of it, I was supposed to be in charge. I was to be the person the junior Marines looked up to. I didn’t know how that was possible. All I had was words. They’d see through me. My challenge of being a leader seemed insurmountable.

With only a few weeks before I took command of my first platoon, a senior Marine officer gave a lecture to my graduating class. I will share with you the advice I received during that lecture.

This was coming from someone I respected, someone accomplished, someone who had stood in the shoes I was going to eventually step into. Maybe he had once held onto similar concerns as me when he was new. And that was why he offered a philosophy on how to lead from the front.

What he said was this: To be a good leader, know your job and take care of the people who work for you. From that moment forward, instead of worrying about how I was viewed, I spent my time trying to get better at my job and by making sure the people who worked for me knew I cared about them.

Those words aren’t magic. They didn’t turn me into a brilliant leader. I wasn’t perfect. However, they gave me a foundation to become better. And I’ve never stopped.

Know Your Job


So why am I bringing this up here? Excellent question. Isn’t this a blog about SPAN Enterprises? Precisely.

Everything I learned about being a leader can be seen daily by watching and working alongside the people at SPAN.

We just finished up our Form 2290 season. As a market leader, there is a high demand for our product. We welcome this, and we’re grateful to our clients. We’ve been helping them file their “Truck Tax,” a term we coined, for more than 10 years.

We became the market leader because our employees know this business, they understand how to help a customer, they spend the time to build their base of knowledge. For us, it’s not just about being great today, it’s about being better tomorrow.

If you filed your Form 2290 with us (thank you), and you had an issue with the form, you likely know how well we handle your concerns and questions. It’s because we know our professions. When you called us, you were helped by some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry.

If you didn’t call, rest easy knowing that you can. Should you need it, we’ll be there to answer the phone and help you with whatever questions you have.

Take Care Of The People Who Work For You


This belief gets personified in a multitude of ways. First, we take care of our clients. You’re not a number. You were a hard-working person who needed to file their Form 2290. We will take care of you like we take care of each other.

The 2290 season is a busy time for us. And that’s because we’re fortunate enough to have earned the trust of many of our clients. They return each year because of it.

A person’s true character comes out when times are the most difficult. That said, the more calls we got, the more people wanted to help. Most people took on more work so other employees wouldn’t have to.

Why am I telling you this? Because as the demand for our products increases, the more we want to work for each other and you. This not only fosters a healthy work environment, but it translates into you having the best experience with our product.

TaxBandits


Despite the product, know that the people behind it know their job, and they want to help the people who use it. Call us and find out. We’ll be here.

With 2290 season behind us, Form 941 for the 3rd quarter is next. For this year, its due date is November 2, 2020. File with us and know that there is a whole organization of dedicated people standing behind it. And they all want to help you.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Jun 19, 2018

ACA Year End Reporting Software Available for ALEs and TPAs

Continue Reading

Jun 19, 2018

HVUT Form 2290 Filing is Now Open

Continue Reading

May 02, 2019

TSNAmerica is Saving Thousands of Truckers Time and Money This Year

Continue Reading

June 01, 2018

HVUT Form 2290 Filing Now Available For 2018-19 Tax Year

Continue Reading